June is Acne Awareness Month so we are taking the whole month to share our love for all things Aloeclear. In this post we’re going beyond the incredible product line to share with you some simple things you can do at home to help keep your skin clear.
The effects of acne go way beyond the breakout. Women and men who suffer from acne-prone skin are also prone to low confidence, low self esteem and general embarrassment when it comes to breakouts. So we don’t want to spend the whole month selling product – we want to provide to you advice that will help restore your skin because we know it can also help restore confidence. A good skincare routine with a moisturizer is the best way to keep acne at bay – but there are other things you can do to reduce the chances of breakouts. Here are some everyday tips and tricks for healthier skin:
1. Use a clean pillowcase every night. Changing your pillowcase daily may sound annoying, but it can help reduce exposure to bacteria and dust that causes breakouts.
2. Clean your cellphone every day. Are you taking your phone with you to the bathroom, the store, your desk and in your kids’ hands? Then you probably don’t want to know what’s on there. Use antibacterial wipes to clean your phone at least once a day and before it touches your face.
3. Destress. Take time for yourself each day to relax – what’s good for your mind is good for your body and soul! Read our latest post about stress and acne to learn how you can unwind daily with a few simple steps.
4. Shower after you sweat. After you sweat, take a shower immediately with a gentle, exfoliating treatment such as the Re/Juvenate Body Scrub or, if that’s not an option, keep Nutri-Hydrating Mist in your purse for a quick spritz.
5. Eat healthy, water-rich foods. Raw fruits and vegetables are loaded with hydration to purify and detoxify the body. Keep a balanced diet, avoiding foods high in grease and fat. A healthy body is a healthy complexion!
Tag us @aloette to share what you do every day to keep your skin (and yourself) healthy – perhaps you’ll inspire one of our fans!