If you have oily or acne prone skin, your skincare regimen is likely designed to keep breakthrough shine at bay. So why on earth would you willingly apply oil to your face?
The tall tale is that keeping skin shine-free is all about stripping oils, dirt and debris away, so adding an oil seems contradictory. However there are many benefits to using a face oil, such as the Essential Cleansing Oil from the Aloepure collection. Here are just a few reasons why oil is an ideal addition to any skincare regimen:
1. Oils help you age. Essential oils are packed with antioxidants that prevent signs of aging that occur when you’re out and about such as sun spots, wrinkles and dehydrated skin.
2. Oils lock in hydration. Because oils are lipophilic, they can penetrate deep into the skin, locking in water that would normally leave the skin throughout the day. This is especially important if you live in an urban environment, as pollutants and smog strip moisture away from the skin, leading to dehydration, redness and irritation.
3. Oils shrink enlarged pores. Essential oils naturally clear out dirt and debris from pores, making them appear smaller and less noticeable.
4. Oils soothe stressed skin. Oils have anti-inflammatory properties to help reduce the appearance of redness and irritation, and our Essential Cleansing Oil is also infused with Aloeganic aloe vera to heal and condition the skin.
5. Finally, oils help control blemishes. That’s right – the ingredient you thought would cause a breakout can actually help prevent a breakout. This is because essential oils in a lightweight base, when used in moderation, can reduce future oil production, making Essential Cleansing Oil a great addition to your Aloeclear or Aloepure skincare regimen.
If you want to learn more about Aloette’s skincare and which products are right for you, take our skincare quiz to be directed to your individual needs.